Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Chop to the Gut

This isn't so much a dream as an odd occurrence. Last night I was all but asleep, when suddenly I felt my own hand slap against my stomach, and with a decent amount of force, I'll add. It was not a mere shifting of position or what have you, but a genuine strike -- swift contact with immediate withdrawal. I had taken a position on my back this night, with my hands folded upon my chest. Previously I'd been on my side or stomach, especially since I've had a cold and didn't want the gunk running down my throat so readily.

It was something like a spasm, yet not completely. I knew I'd been hit, though just barely realized it due to the fact I was practically unconscious. I knew it was my own hand, I felt the impact and the immediate pull-away. But it was an involuntary act, I had no control over it when it happened, and for all I was aware it was still at rest on my chest. A most curious sensation.

Maybe my subconscious just wants to beat me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment