Friday, January 15, 2010

Shemp

Many of the details at this point are very vague, but I remember being in an unfamiliar room, in an unfamiliar building, something like an older, sort of run-down, but not entirely kind of place. Brown-red wood walls, might have been paneling. I was engaged in conversation with "Shemp" Howard, from The Three Stooges. It was understood to be a time not long after Moe's death (in waking reality, truth be told I'm no more certain whether "Shemp" outlived Moe, or vice-versa), and we were discussing how their father, an ultra-orthodox Jew, did not approve of the "woob-woob-woob," as he mimed his father.

Sadly, I do not recall what led up to it, or what came after, only that something did both.

still, was a rather unusual, unexpected. I have not seen, or even thought about The Three Stooges in quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment